Saturday, March 17, 2012

Is this March?

I am not sure what to make of Mother Nature lately.  She only gave us about 8 weekends of solid ice here in Central Iowa, the last few years we have been up around 15 weeks.  Now she throws us 70 and even 80 degree temperatures in the middle of March...I think she is up to something. 
I have been called an optimistic quite a few times in life, whether it's fishing, or just shooting the bull with my buddies, so I would classify myself as an optimistic.  However, lately I have found myself playing the other card, the one of a pessimistic.  I just have a bad feeling that April could see many days in the 30's and 40's.  I hope I am wrong (I don't say that much) but we have had it just a little too good lately. 

However, for now I am going to take full advantage of it.  I caught my first bass March 1st, and loaded the boat with a couple more dozen bass earlier this week.  Now, tomorrow, if things go right, hopefully I can add a few more bass to my total this year. 

Mother Nature...please prove me wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment