Sunday, February 24, 2013

The last time on the ice?

A great crappie from the deep basin at Rock Creek
Today, February 24th I headed out to Rock Creek with David Bowles, Don Henry and Mark Anderson.  We all met after lunch in hope to duplicate what David and I did last weekend, which was an amazing day of big gills and a few big crappies too. 
The weather was absolutely perfect today, no coat was needed for most of the day, it was so nice to be outside and feel the sun once again.  We caught a lot of fish as a group, but the size was a bit of a disappointment.  Today, the big ones were not present, but as a group we caught just about every species that swims in the lake.  Largemouth bass, bluegill, white crappie, black crappie, green sunfish, catfish, bullhead, and walleye.  Eight species in one day, that is pretty neat! 
It could have been my last day on the ice for the year, and if it was the last day, then it was a good one.  If I get the chance to go again, then I hope it is good too.  A big thanks to all the guys that made it out on the ice with me this year.  Many memories were made, and some huge fish catches recorded too.

No comments:

Post a Comment