Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Slow, Slow and SLOWER

 There are just a few weeks left for boat fishing here in Iowa for the season and anglers across the state have been enjoying this nice weather.  No matter what your favorite species is, this time of year when that water dips below 45 degrees, you must slow down.  On a recent quick 1-hour trip looking for bass, I was reminded of this once again.  The water was beautiful and 48 degrees, the weather was so nice, so why not throw a spinnerbait?  That wasted about half my fishing time along with throwing a swimbait.  I then changed to jig and chunk.  It didn't take long, I worked it as slow and picked up a bite right away, however the hook didn't connect.  I slowed down even more and the bass loved it.  This time of year when you thing you are going slow enough, you probably need to go slower.  Enjoy the last few days in the boat...it is time to start shifting into ICE FISHING MODE!

No comments:

Post a Comment