Thursday, April 11, 2024

***NEW Fish Sandwich/Snack

 

With the first fresh crappie catch of the year I decided to try something completely different to enjoy them.  I love a good tuna sandwich, fresh lettuce, cheese and dab of mayo, YUM.  So with this idea in mind I decided to take twenty crappie fillets and give it a try.  The idea was to prepare it just like the quick tuna fish sandwich many of us have loved for years our of the can.  It turned out pretty good, totally different taste, but still very tasty.  I also tried it the next day on some RITZ crackers as a snack...I must say this tasted even better than the sandwich.  Either way, this will not be the last time I create this quick, simple, and healthy meal.

~Bake 10 crappies (20 fillets) for 10 mins at 350 degrees

~Flake the fillets to small pieces

~Add flavorings- see picture (I did add some mayo also)

~Fix as a warm crappie sandwich, or let cool for a cold sandwich or cracker topper snack.


The "Crappie Salad" mixture




No comments:

Post a Comment