Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A weekend without fish

Last weekend was the first weekend in a long time where I was not outdoors chasing fish.  This is the "in-between" time of the year, where the ice is not great, and the lakes are not open for fishing either.  Normally this time of year drives me crazy, but this year, I have not felt that mental strain yet. 
This past weekend, my wife, and two kids spent time back in Independence at my folks house, and it was a great way to unwind after a week of work.  Luckily for us, my older sister, younger sister and my brother Tim and his family were in town too, it was a small family reunion.  It was fun to say to least, playing cards with my parents, that didn't turn out very well for me...and watching my kids play with their cousins, aunts and uncles is always fun too.  Ranger and I even made it out sledding at my parents house, I think that was the last time, but it sure was FUN!
I started Hot Rod Baits in 2007, a small
company that sells plastic baits for
bass anglers.  All the colors are hand
picked by me and my friends, and
they sure do CATCH BASS!
Lately, I have been spending a lot time with Hot Rod Baits, getting things lined up for the busy fishing tackle season which is just around the corner.  There will be some new colors coming out this year and a whole new line of baits, called the Big Daddies.  I can't wait to get these into customers hands and see them catch bass this year with them.
As the forecasters are predicting temperatures in 50's all next week, I am hoping to get some time on the water soon.  However, for now, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment