Monday, October 8, 2012

Looking for the weekend

Playing with worms
The season has officially changed for me.  It's fall, and the tournament season is over, well, it's been over for me for a couple weeks.  However, I still find myself on Monday's during lunch time wondering when I will be fishing next.  It is always about looking at that next adventure, and those fish that I might catch.
 

The past two weekends I have made it out each Sunday.  Two weeks ago, with my two kids.  They did awesome as we spent about 3 hours fishing a farm pond.  They caught dozens of bluegills and crappies, and one bass, which made my son the "Bassmaster" of the day.  That made my day!

I also had the chance to fish with long-time friend Dave Jordan for bass on another body of water that afternoon.  We really found the bass lined up on the weedlines and willing to bite any bait that was presented slow, even swimjigs.

This past Sunday I met up with my buddy Ken Lunsford.  Ken and I have always been in contact with each other, because we have had ties with the same bass club.  We have never fished against one another but have shared the boat a few times this year.  We hit a lake and found a couple dozen bass willing to bite this weekend.  The bite was much tougher than the previous weekend, but we both knew that was coming, due to the HUGE cold front that passed through on Friday.  We did the most damage this day on crankbaits and again slow moving plastic baits and jigs.  It is always fun to catch a few bass for fun, and the past two weekends is just what the "fishing doctor" prescribed.

I hope to get out once every weekend until...well it's almost time to get out the ice fishing gear.  I had the boat out several time sin November last year, and hope to do the same this year.  I guess that decision will come on Mondays' during my lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment